1. History and Organization
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences(RIPS) at Sookmyung Women's University was established on January 11, 1965, with the purposes of contribution to the growth and advancement in pharmacy and industrial-educational collaboration. The members of research team consist of thedirector, an executive secretary, a comptroller, research committee members, research staffs, and research assistant.
It is made of 9 subdepartments :
- pharmaceutical analysis, hygienic pharmacy, biochemistry, chemistry of natural products, pharmaceutics, pharmacology,
medicinal chemistry, and clinical pharmacy.
The institute is actively involved with the pharmaceutical research, periodical publications, presentations of research projects, hosting symposiums and invited lectures by well-known domestic and foreign scholars, sending our researchers abroad, and other activities that are in line with the purpose of the institute.
2. Instrumentations and Current Activities
The institute is operating an instrument room which is equipped with FT-NMR, GC-MS, GC, SEM, FT-IR, Liquid Scintillation Counter, Automatic Blood Cell Counter, Automated Chemistry Analyzer, and other various expensive instruments.
It is also equipped with temperature and humidity controlled animal room, isotope room, cold room, and clean room. Currently, 45 graduate students are participating in research projects under the supervision of 16 faculty members.
Recently, with the grant from Chunman Scholarship Foundation we have synthesized platinum complexs as antitumor agent. Each subdepartment is participating in the development of new drugs under the direction of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, G7 project from the Ministry of Science and Technology, and numerous other industrial-educational research collaboration.
Also, every year the institute publishes research achievements in the journal published by the institute and hosts international symphosiums and seminars by inviting famous scholars.
The research projects currently under way are as follows:
- Pharmacological study on antiinflammatory analgesics and biologically active compounds
- The immunotoxicological study on biologically active compounds
- The biochemical study on polyphenol oxidase and other major enzymes Design and synthesis of biologically active compounds
and new drug development
- The study on clinical pharmacy and the development of drug information database system Isolation of biologically active
compound from natural products, its structural identification and analysis
- The study on pharmacokinetics and drug targeting to the brain
- Chemical Analysis, Pharmacological Evaluation, and Development of Crude drug and Natural Products
- The development of analytical method for medicines using analytical chemometrics
- Polymeric Drug Delivery System,Transdermal Drug Delivery, and Skin Biophysics
- Drug Delivery, Human Gene Therapy, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
04310 서울특별시 용산구 청파로47길 100 (청파동2가) 숙명여자대학교
TEL : 02)710-9728